Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spandex Camel Toe Problem

BSC1: Balance part

We
here in mid-February and it is after the 4-month course that I finally have the opportunity to take the time to write a post about the progress of this first year Bachelor. Many of you have to contact me via email, facebook, or through the blog comments and I thank you. I am thrilled that my articles have helped you somewhat in your thinking and your choices. I will try, on occasion, to make a compilation of standard questions I receive and the answers I proposed to give the information that appears to be missing in my articles.

Going back to the beginning of BSC1, as you can get doubt, it is a very large workload. I am fortunate to have a working method that allows me not to spend my life in my textbooks, and yet I must admit that we need a good management of his schedule to successfully do what you will, extracurricular committees, including leisure and personal life.

Overall, the year is divided into three terms each having a series of intermediate and final examinations, or examinations every 1 ½ months on average. Added to this optional courses, known as "elective", which be merged, next year in the compulsory curriculum.
The main body consists of the following aggregates:

  • Quarter 1, The basics of management
    • Human Resource Management Marketing
    • hospitality
    • Microeconomics
  • Quarter 2, Introduction to decision tools
    • Office / Spreadsheets
    • Accounting
    • Introduction to Law
    • Macroeconomics
  • Quarter 3, Decision Tools
    • Accounting Business Law Economics
    • the hospitality industry
    • Economy Tourism
    • Quantitative Methods (statistics)

To pass the year, must be validated each quarter by obtaining an average of the branches that comprise less than 4 ( a maximum of 6). Each branch consists generally of a final exam as well as at-least one intermediate examination (the branch of Human Resource Management, for example, included a final exam, a case study staff to make a written case study group to submit to oral, a case study group to attend writing and classroom assessment). If a
quarters was due to not being validated, a resit in August takes place in order to rectify this and allow the curriculum to continue normally.

I am currently two weeks of final exams of the second quarter, which means that the revisions will gently begin during evenings and weekends (since classes continue until the exam week). This gives an idea of my schedule.
However, contrary to popular belief, I enter a quiet period, in my case, because the revisions related only quarter, there is not too much material to review. In addition, all my work group are completed and they are the ones that take a really long time (to give an example, the presentation of macroeconomics, which I will speak again at the end of this article has mobilized all my evenings for a week, weekend Full included).

level courses themselves are very much away from the preparatory year I mentioned in this article . The practice has completely disappeared, many courses are conducted in audience, and especially the subjects of the courses are totally oriented "economy, business, management, what am delighted at the highest point. As I had occasion to say some of those who sent me emails, I turn away more and more hotels facto strict to consider other horizons to explore at the end of school. But more details at this level will come in the weeks to come.
We always have to work a lot in groups, even more than last year, often with 2-3 different groups at the same time, this requires, again, a very careful management of time and its agenda.
classes are larger (approx. 100 in audience) thereby bringing a new dimension in oral presentations and brings the ease that we want to teach us when speaking in public.
The requested level is also much larger than in the PA, as expected. There is no leniency about citing sources, or to approximate the syntax. We see that we are at a university level and it feels good.

To give an idea a little clearer, I'll post below two jobs I have done. The first is the presentation of macroeconomics, done in groups I mentioned above and for analysis of the current situation of the hotel market in the United Kingdom as well as econometric forecasting (by linear regression method) until 2013. The presentation should not exceed 20min.
The second is a record of sociology courses "elective", prepared individually. The instruction asked what he does not exceed approx. 1,000 words.

In conclusion, this first year of Bachelor corresponds perfectly to what I came up at the Lausanne Hotel School, namely an instruction on a business hotel. Our teachers are very professional and effective and, for the most part, really exciting and inspiring.
I will make a more detailed review later this year of how the course unfolded.

Until the next article, I wish you all good luck for the continuation of your studies. Feel free to contact me by email or leave a comment.


0 comments:

Post a Comment