Since Thursday, I heard two stories of colleagues who no longer occupies the position they held before the lockout. Coincidentally, these two individuals were very active in various union committees the past two months. First, I spoke by telephone Friday, does not that his case be leaked and prefers to work things out from inside.
The second is Jocelyn Desjardins, who has coordinated the organization, against all odds, the lockout evening of 6 May, an event that all participants have described as "historic." Here's the email he sent me Sunday night.
This morning at 9:00, I do not present myself at Radio-Canada to work.
Neither the next day or the next day also. And so on ... until next week.
The reason is simple. I am an insecure to information radio and on Sunday evening, I have not received any calls for a new assignment.
That puts me in a strange state you will understand.
I fought for two things: 1-
- The holiday entitlement for the precarious
2-Reducing the number of days required to enter the recall list according to seniority of temporary.
Far be it from me to play in sentimentalism. I note only that may well have made substantial gains, insecurity remains what it is. Glaring, depressing, depressing.
Anyway for me, who already had eight years of service .... holiday not paid, I might have much in the coming days.
So this morning, when you find your jobs, think about the precarious radio or TV general information to those radio or TV, the precarious RCI Nordic Services if there is or those sectors Anglophones in Quebec and Moncton.
During the latest conflict, many have worked very precarious. They believed. After all, you did this battle inter alia for them, right?
Well this morning, many of them, is somehow a return to square one, to fend for itself. Thank
anyway. Jocelyn Desjardins
0 comments:
Post a Comment