Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pctv 150e Media Center Windows 7

preparatory year

Front Desk, 1825


As I was able to talk in previous articles, the Lausanne Hotel School place great value in the experience, either prior to or concurrent studies.

To ensure each student the opportunity, the curriculum of the school includes two courses: the first occurring in the preparatory year is a minimum period of four months and is aimed primarily at business sectors (service, reception, housekeeping). The second, taking place in the second year of Bachelor (the year three out of four) is a minimum of six months and focus where possible on items oriented management.

Arriving at the end of the course of the preparatory year, I think it may be interesting as I speak a little of my experience and how it fits into the curriculum of the EHL.

Dates of Internship:
To meet the requirements of the Bologna Process , the Lausanne Hotel School does now back by one year (two cons in the past). To manage the mass of students who arrive each September, the flights are divided into two groups (A and B) with alternating periods of training.

This year, for example, both groups were following courses at the school from September 1 to December 21, 2009. Then the group B was going on probation until April 18, 2010, when group A was released from his academic obligations to fulfill his four-month internship before the start of September 2010.

In my case, I am part of group B and so it has been nearly four months that I'm interning as night auditor (night receptionist) in a luxury hotel (five star plus, as they say ) of the Geneva Riviera. Of discretion in relation to my employer, I will not mention the name of this hotel on this blog and I invite you, if you have any questions for me about this, contact me by email .

Papers validation stage :
order to validate your training by the hotel school, some basic criteria must be met. Firstly, your function must be approved by the internship office of the school (accepted, in general, the areas of reception, service and housekeeping). Then the term of the internship is 16 weeks minimum, whatever the holiday or not granted by the employer.

Then, the employer must complete one to two interim evaluations, a final evaluation and should provide a certificate of service. On your side, you will be asked to complete an interim and a final evaluation, both online.

reports internship should provide students in the past are no longer valid, by the time they took to provide and because of the difficulty of exploitation which they then represented. This new online method allows certain information to be available to students at the school, directly on the desktop computer system courses, and to be compiled into statistics.

function night auditor:
Although this is often a misunderstood art, the night receptionist or night auditor (whose name comes from the accounting tasks it performs), is essential for the proper functioning a hotel. And for good reason, in most institutions, it is the only master on board throughout the duration of the night.

In my situation, our shift is from 11:30 p.m. to 7:15 and, except for cleanup crews and keeping the room service, we are the only employees present at the hotel during the duration thereof. Our responsibilities include:

- Accounting (Checking / O money and invoicing of the day all the outlets of the hotel)
- Procedure for closing the system and print reports of the day
- Tasks of receipt (check-in/out, profiles customers, etc.).
- Security (alarms verification, guard tours, etc.).
- Switchboard (making calls, receiving faxes, alarm calls, etc.).
- Hunter porter (luggage transport service room, etc.).
- Housekeeping (bring heaters, blankets, sheets and other customers if needed)
- Valet (catch and release cars to customers)
- Concierge (information from clients, the extent of our means)

In general, we are responsible to ensure that everything happens for the better overnight, either in relation to customer needs or against the establishment. Obviously, the nights are usually much calmer than the days but it can accumulate a lot of responsibility in a post.

order to cope with any situation, the team where I work always consists of at least two people and three in most cases (including trainees). This ensures the switchboard and monitoring of the control panel along with room service and security checks.

balance of the course:
As we approach the final week of training, I think I can already take stock of the lessons to warm the past four months have me made.

In terms of hotels, this course was my first real experience in the field, having made only restoring the past. The environment of the reception turned out to be, as I expected, at the center of daily life of the institution and it allowed me to rub shoulders with many services, both during change of shift or by the night auditor of responsibilities.

responsibilities precisely summers were even greater than I imagined because we were alone with customers every night, and had to improvise and sometimes out of his comfort zone to resolve the problems presented. I pull a very positive experience and look forward to having the opportunity to occupy this position.

At the human level, it was very interesting to work in small teams, and especially at night. This rhythm lagged me pretty well agreed, as I expected, although I must confess that it is relatively difficult to live together in society. Often I slept from 8 to 15h and then did a nap about two hours before work, leaving the afternoon and early evening free, namely a slot for someone relatively unattractive my age. My colleagues, however, told me to sleep on average 6 hours per night, after acclimatization, because they needed less sleep than during a daytime shift. I think in the long term, especially when you have a family (which is their case), this kind of pace can be quite pleasant.

I was lucky, too, to be part of a team very welcoming friendly and effective, in place for many years. This is essential to the functioning of a hotel and I could realize it. Care team spirit and well-being of employees and a profitable investment for the long term.


In conclusion, this is a very positive note as I finish this course, with the feeling that my work here and I will miss my colleagues in the future, although I am happy to return to school and find my friends. I am also convinced that I'm in the right direction and that is what interests me most forward on it. With a motivation to block I'm leaving for Geneva.

0 comments:

Post a Comment